Since December is here, so is the cheer! Hope you all are as excited about the festive season as I am. For someone who loves food and cooking, the holiday time is baking mode for me every year. This year I decided to go the traditional Indian way and tried a milk based dessert on my stove, I call it ‘Milky Mix’.
You only need four ingredients, I am not joking! Here’s the easy to cook and fancy to serve ‘Milky Mix’ with raspberry topping.
Milk 7-8 cups
Jaggery or brown sugar 3cubes or 1 cup
Cocoa Powder 1/2 cup
Crushed mixed nuts 1/2 cup
- In a deep pan heat 7-8 milk
- Add jaggery or sugar along with cocoa powder
- Keep boiling on simmer for 1-2 hours while occasionally stirring it.
- Once the liquid becomes slightly thick add nuts and heat further till it has the consistency of a creamed butter
- It might take another hour or two, keep stirring in between
- Let it cool down, then refrigerate in cups or dessert glasses garnishing it with raspberries or whatever fruit you like
I crushed some biscuits at the base, added the milk mix and garnished it with raspberries. You can experiment with what you have in your kitchen store.
Do let me know in the comments section what did you try?