Tandoori Chicken or Murg Tandoori, most popular appetizer in Indian restaurants! This is one of my favourite dish! It goes best with a tandoori naan or a romali roti… Simply yummy! The preparation time is long since the chicken needs to be marinated overnight, so it is best to plan for this recipe ahead of serving time 🙂
Boneless skinless chicken 500 gms
Ginger Garlic paste 2 tbsp
Yogurt 2 cups
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Salt according to taste
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Butter 2 tsp
Lemon Juice 1/2 tbsp
- For the Marinate, whisk yogurt, garam masala, red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, a bit of butter or oil and a pinch of salt. Add the cleaned and washed chicken in the marinate and mix well
- You can put the mixture in a freezer bag and place it in the freezer overnight
- Marinate the chicken overnight if cooking for lunch/dinner or at least 4-5 hours before serving time
- Next day before cooking, remove the marinated chicken from the freezer and let it thaw at room temperature for about 1/2 an hour-1 hour
- The chicken marinate would have become a bit thick
- Before cooking, preheat the oven grill to 200°C or 400°F or grill over a charcoal grill.
- Spread some lemon juice over the chicken pieces and place them over a grill tray/sheet
- Grill the chicken in the oven for atleast 40-45 minutes
- Once the chicken looks orange golden and is tender from inside, remove the tray
Serve hot with lemon & Pickled Onions !
For the vegetarians you can replace the chicken with Paneer or cottage cheese cubes and enjoy!