If you read my last post you know that my gas ran out and I made Peck Chye. The reason was that we were in a shifting phase (my husband and I). We ran out of a lot of items/ingredients and I decided to cook with the ingredients I’ve got. Hence the Chocolate Honey Banana Cake, no Gas, no Sugar, no oil. 😀
It’s been a while and I haven’t posted, but I plan to keep posting my experiments and share links of recipes from my previous recipe collection. Do try those as well 🙂 Will mention a list of recipes and the end of this post.
The Chocolate Honey Banana Cake was an experiment and a good healthy surprise. The cake turned out softer and had lesser calories!
All purpose Flour 2 cups
Cocoa Powder 1/4 cup
Honey 1/2 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Baking Powder 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda 1/2 teaspoon
Butter 100 grams
Vanilla essence 2 teaspoons
Ripe banana 1 (mashed)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease and line the tin with butter and flour
- Mix melted butter, honey, ripe banana in a bowl
- Add eggs, vanilla extract. Mix all ingredients well
- In another bowl, sift in dry ingredients-flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda
- Combine the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture well until you have a smooth batter and no lumps
- Pour mix into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes at 200-220°C
- Check with skewer to ensure it is cooked in the middle
If you plan to host a lunch or dinner do try some of the below mentioned recipes and let me know your feedback 🙂
Another interesting and one of my favourite recipe/dish is Butter Chicken – learn how to make it here.